Are you looking to apply for a work visa? Then, you are in the right spot. There are many countries that offer different kinds of visas to foreigners who want to live and work in their countries. Some countries require you to get a job before they issue you a visa while others don’t care about what you do. However, most countries expect you to have some kind of work experience before they give you a visa.

There are many ways to get a work visa. One way is to find a prospective employer that has a vacancy and asks them to sponsor you for a work visa. Another way is to look for jobs online and send applications directly to companies.

We have compiled a list of countries that are easy to get a work visa from. If you want to know which country is easiest to get a work visa in then read on.

People Like this Post

What is a Work Visa?

A work visa is permission that allows people to work in a foreign country. There are different types of work visas and different countries have different processes for it. Sometimes you might fill up an online application. Work visas are often known to be tough. But, this is not always the case. There are countries where work visas can be obtained easily in contrast to some other tough countries.

Below, we have listed the top 10 countries where one can obtain a working visa easily.

(You may like: US EB-3 Visa for Professional, Skilled, or Unskilled Workers)

Easiest Countries to Get a Work Visa

1. Netherlands

For one to work in the Netherlands, a residence permit or a work permit (TWV) is required. Depending on the situation, one can get a residence permit or a work permit. It is also dependent on the type of work you want to do.

The Netherlands possesses a flexible attitude towards work visas. The county is seeking for creating new products and jobs by attracting foreign nationals and investors.  If you are thinking of start-up businesses then, you can easily apply for a one-year residency in the Netherlands. After the first year, one can extend the stay and obtain a self-employed work permit. The self-employed work permit is available to encourage small businesses and self-employed entrepreneurs. 

2. Australia

There are different types of work visas that one can apply for in Australia. The major ones are Short Stay Work Visas, Temporary Work Visas, and Permanent Work Visas.

The Short Stay Work Visa is categorized into further categories: Working Holiday Maker Visas, Pacific, and seasonal work visas, and Temporary Activity and Specialist Visas.

The Working Holiday Maker Visa is available for people aged 18 to 30 years. It allows people to work there to help them fund their trip. One must have a passport from an eligible country and can do any kind of work while staying in Australia. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can also apply for a second Work and Holiday visa. Some of the eligible countries to apply for this visa are Vietnam,  Indonesia, Argentina, Malaysia, Turkey, China, etc.

A Temporary Work Visa allows people to enter Australia to work on a temporary basis. The visa might have some conditions that only allow you to work on a specific work or work with certain employers. There are several other visa types under the Temporary Work visa category and some of them also require sponsorship. The ones that require sponsorship are the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) and the Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188).

 Permanent Work Visa has several other visa categories such as Regional visas, Skilled migration visas, Business investment visas, and Global Talent visas. Each of these has its own eligibility requirements and some of them require sponsorships. If one holds an Australian Permanent Visa then, the person is also an Australian permanent resident.

3. United States

There are four main categories of visas that you can apply for when you want to work in the US. These are H-1B Visa, TN Visa, Employment-Based Visa (EB-1 Visa, EB-2 Visa, EB-3 Visa), and O-1 Visa. Each category has different requirements and each type of visa has its own application process. For example, the H1B Visa requires you to have a bachelor’s degree or higher, while the O1 Visa does not require any specific educational background.

Those who are interested in working in the United States should know that the United States government only accepts applications for certain countries. This means that if you are from a particular country, you cannot get a job in the United States unless you have a valid visa.

We have written about how to get a visa to Employment-Based Visa you can visit the website for more detail.

4. New Zealand

New Zealand is another great country to work in and to have a work-life balance. Like Australia, New Zealand also has Working Holiday Visas. Every year, there are thousands of people who apply for working holiday visas in New Zealand and work for one or two years in New Zealand.

The Working Holiday Visa is available for young people aged 18 to 30 years. In some selected countries, people aged 18 – 35 years are allowed for this visa. This visa allows people to work and travel for up to 1 year. But, if you are from the UK or Canada, then you can work for up to 23 months. 

If you apply for 23 months visa then, you are required to provide a general medical certificate. All the people applying for this Working Holiday Visa, need to have enough money to pay for a return ticket and should be coming mainly for a holiday and should have “work” as their secondary intention.

5. Germany

Germany is a country of possibilities and it provides opportunities not just for Germans but also for third-world nationals. The Germany Employment Visa is an opportunity for qualified foreigners to settle in Germany and to work in their field of expertise. This visa allows foreign nationals to live and work for up to two years. One can also extend their visa and later apply for an EU Blue Card or other types of resident permits. 

There are different types of long-stay visas for Working in Germany. One can apply for a Long Stay Visa for the following working purposes in Germany: for employment, for self-employment, as a job seeker, working as an Au Pair, and in a working holiday visa.

There are some countries that can apply for a residence permit for work purposes after entering Germany without a visa. Those countries are EEA/EU member states of the United States of America, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, and the Republic of Korea. 

6. Canada

If you fulfill the eligibility requirements, Canada is one of the countries where one can get a working visa easily. It can take up to 2 weeks to obtain a work visa in Canada. Canada has tons of diversity and you can explore as much as you want which makes it a great place where everyone ones to go.

If you visit the Canadian government website, you will find out a quick check to see if you need a work visa depending on your situation. But, your employer should be helping you regarding the process if you are planning to obtain an employer-specific work permit. Moreover, you can also look for an open permit. But, it has some exceptions on what employers you can work for. 

7. Cambodia

Cambodia is one of the most popular countries to obtain a work visa. It offers a long-term “business visa” that can be renewed indefinitely, without being sponsored by a company.

For all foreign nationals to work in Cambodia, one must obtain an E-class visa. It was previously known as a business or ordinary visa and it is valid for 30 days. People also need to obtain a work permit and employment card through the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (MLVT). The E-class visas offered are EB visa, EP visa, EG visa, ER visa, ES visa, and ET visa. To apply for the work visa, you are required to provide the following information: general information which includes name, gender, date of birth, and height, copies of your ID cards and passports, copy of the E-visa, the current address, education, photo, health certificate, etc.

How to apply for Cambodia Working Visa?

To apply for the Cambodia working visas, one needs to submit the documentation above at the nearest Cambodian Embassy. After receiving a work visa, one must apply for a work permit. The work permit is valid for a year and can be renewed for as long as the period indicated on a residence permit. There are two types of work permits – temporary and permanent permits. Depending on the eligibility criteria one can apply for a temporary or a permanent permit.

8. Ireland

If you are a non-EAA/non-Swiss national and if you are looking to work in Ireland then you need to have a valid Employment Permit or a typical Permission first. Depending on the country you are from you can apply for a visa.

Like in Australia and New Zealand, you can apply for a 12-month Working Holiday Authorization. Unlike Australia and New Zealand, it doesn’t come with age restrictions, but the applicants must have an undergraduate, postgraduate, or recently graduated status within 12 months.

9. Estonia

In Estonia, there is no such thing as a “work permit”. You can work in Estonia if your short-term employment is registered by your employer and your stay is legal.

If you are a citizen of the EU, the EEA, or Switzerland, you can enter Estonia without a visa. If you wish to work in Estonia for more than 90 days then you need to register as an Estonian resident.  Within the first month of residence registration, you must apply for an Estonian ID card.

If you are a non-EU citizen and would like to work in Estonia then you should apply for a D-visa. Before applying, you should register your short-term employment with the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board. 

10. Singapore


Singapore is a hot spot for many people looking to apply for a work visa. It is fairly easy to obtain a work visa in Singapore which offers a holiday working program that is available for students and graduates. Singapore allows you to stay in the country for six months. It also offers many opportunities to seek out permanent work situations.

The two very common work visas in Singapore include Singapore Employment Pass or Singapore EP Pass and the Singapore Entrepreneur Pass, or the Singapore E Pass. Both of these visas allow you to reside in Singapore for 1 year and up to 2 years. If you are planning to start a business in Singapore then, you will need to have at least $100,000 in funding.